Control Centre Analyst
Providing highest level of customer service to Q9 customers using superior technical skills, by adhering to established internal policies and procedures and providing support on a 24x7 basis.
- Monitoring Q9 core network, peers and managed customer equipment.
- Performing device administration and troubleshooting for managed services such as managed bandwidth, firewall, VPN, load balancer, backup/restore and servers.
- Providing device and network level security through analysis of log files, viewers and Q9’s suite of security tools.
- Supporting Q9 domain name systems.
- Monitoring Q9 power systems.
- Responding to customer and partner phone calls, email and Control Panel tickets.
- Following Q9 policies & procedures related to escalations, ticketing and change management.
- Escalating to team leads and other Q9 technical escalation points as appropriate.
- Proactively contacting customers when non critical thresholds have been exceeded.
- Staying current with technology through use of lab equipment, peers, reference materials and on-line resources.
- Acting as specific technology champion for team, producing documentation and delivering peer training.
- Participation in special projects as required.
- Reports to Team Lead.
- Strong grasp of TCP/IP, internet protocols, experience with high availability systems, internet/WAN routing.
- Strong communication skills.
- Expert level comprehension of core Q9 deployed technologies. Areas of specialty are: routing and switching, firewall, VPN, security, Unix, enterprise backups, and monitoring.
- Well developed customer service skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to jobs@Q9.com