Control Centre Analyst
To apply for this position, please email your resume to jobs@Q9.com
. This posting closes on May 8, 2015.
The Control Centre is responsible for providing the highest level of service to Q9's customers. Operating on a 24x7 basis, in a single tiered support structure, Control Centre Analysts use their superior technical skills to implement configuration changes and troubleshoot issues, while adhering to established internal policies and procedures.
- Interacting with customers, providers/vendors and other internal groups, through telephone, email and the Control Panel ticketing system.
- Implementing configuration changes, troubleshooting and monitoring Q9's suite of managed services. This includes internet connectivity, switches, routers, firewalls, VPNs, load balancers, remote links, servers (Linux and Windows), backups, storage area networks, and virtualization.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting the Q9 core network, upstream providers and inter/intra data center connectivity. Investigating and troubleshooting alerts or customer reported issues, then executing resolution steps.
- Supporting Q9's domain name system infrastructure and performing troubleshooting as required.
- Monitoring internal corporate network devices and servers.
- Following Q9's policies & procedures related to escalations, ticketing and change management.
- Proactively contacting customers when non-critical thresholds have been exceeded or for other low priority tasks.
- Staying current with technology through use of lab equipment, peers, reference materials and on-line resources.
- Maintaining and updating a knowledge base repository.
- Performing other miscellaneous tasks in support of customers. This includes updating documentation, generating backup reports, handling shipping & receiving issues, etc.
- Monitoring Q9's power systems and other facilities related systems.
- Strong grasp of TCP/IP, switching, firewalls, VPNs, load balancers, remote links, basic server administration (Linux and Windows), backups, storage area networks, virtualization, DNS and network monitoring.
- Good understanding of routing protocols (such as BGP, OSPF and ISIS), MPLS and experience with high availability architectures.
- Extensive troubleshooting experience.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Well developed customer service skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Working a rotating shift work schedule, including nights.