Provisioning Deployment Specialist
Reporting to the Manager - Managed Services, the Provisioning Deployment Specialist is responsible for deploying the Q9 Managed Services suite of products. This includes, but is not restricted to, server products, storage products, network products (firewalls, switches, load balancers etc.), backup services, system monitoring and others.
- Build and deploy new Q9 Managed Products according to a defined architecture and within project time-lines.
- Follow procedure and policy for removal of services that are at the end of contract or have entered the termination phase.
- Provide thorough quality assurance prior to the release of new deployments to the customer.
- Maintain and update deployment procedural documents in conjunction with the Development Team.
- Coordinate deployments with Datacentre Technicians at all local and remote locations across Canada.
- Provide feedback and defect/bug notification to Provisioning Development team when issues arise with Q9 Managed Service products.
- Update and maintain inventory status for all allocated or removed assets as they relate to Q9 Managed Service products.
- Assist the Q9 Control Centre, when required, during troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a dynamic work environment.
- Understanding of IP networking, including the fundamentals of firewalls, layer 2 switching, routing and load balancing technologies.
- Experience with VMware ESX/ESXi and Citrix XEN Server. KVM experience would be considered an asset.
- Experience with Linux/Unix and its configuration.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server products.
- Experience with OS Clustering solutions including Windows Clustering.
- Experience developing technical documentation.
- Understanding of storage technologies including, direct-attach disk, SAN-attached disk (i.e. iSCSI, Fibre Channel), NAS technologies (CIFS, NFS, GFS), and tape technologies.
- Experience with tape backup technologies with regards to deployment, troubleshooting, and daily administration.
- Understanding of SNMP concepts and experience in its configuration on various platforms.
- Experience with server imaging technologies.
- Great attention to detail with a desire to deliver a superior product.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and with stringent time-lines.
- Ability to maintain a high level of quality on all deliverables.
- Ability to work and schedule comfortably within a ticket based, process driven environment.