HVAC Apprentice Technician - Calgary
Q9 is looking for a highly motivated candidate to enroll in the Alberta Refrigeration Apprenticeship program. Reporting to the Mechanical Manager of Construction, Data Centre Facilities, the HVAC Apprentice Technician will be performing onsite maintenance to HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) systems and equipment. He/she will repair and maintain equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance.
Q9 offers above average wages, benefits, RRSP matching program and paid lunch breaks. Enjoy a rewarding career with a highly skilled in-house professional facilities team.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Ability to maintain organization of maintenance schedule and files in a changing environment.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Attention to detail and pride in workmanship.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
- First Aid skills and/or certificates are considered assets.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft computer software (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.) and email.
- Conduct scheduled/preventative maintenance to HVAC equipment onsite.
- Perform regular property inspections of HVAC systems.
- Plan and prioritize work for self and staff.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and facilities.
- Detect faulty operations and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Set priorities for preventative maintenance work, maintenance requisitions and scheduled work.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
- Responsible for proper inventory of materials and supplies.
- 24/7 availability may be required.
- Physical ability to lift up to 75 lb.
- Travel to the different sites will be required.
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Overtime as required.
- Hazards associated with the trade.
- Work both indoors and outdoors.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to jobs@Q9.com.