Reporting to the Electrical Foreman, the Electrician constructs and maintains data storage facilities. Must have Inter-Provincial red seal certificate of qualification.
- Organization of tools and procurement of materials for maintenance, customer and construction projects.
- Customer work involving installation of customer cages, racks and PDU’s and associated power cabling.
- Installation and maintenance of Low and Medium voltage switchgear and cabling.
- Installation and maintenance of power distribution equipment, lights, switches, ballasts, capacitors, starters, motors and all related equipment to Q9 facilities.
- Assists with the installation and maintenance of UPS battery systems.
- Assists with monthly, semi annual and annual fire alarm, electrical switchgear and generator testing.
- Assists with the installation and maintenance of Q9 facility fire alarm systems, security systems and data network cabling.
- Working conditions at Q9 facilities may require work on stepladders, extension ladders, scissor and boom lifts, and possibly bucket trucks indoors and outdoors.
- Confirms details of all structure and power installations with Product Engineering.
- Some travel is required.
- Some after-hours, week-end and on call work is required.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to jobs@Q9.com.