Reporting to the Mechanical Manager of Construction, Data Centre Facilities, the HVAC Technician is responsible for performing onsite maintenance to HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) systems and equipment. Perform highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance.
- Must have valid Certificate of Qualifications - Licensed Journeyman.
- Must have valid drivers license
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of HVAC equipment onsite.
- Conduct scheduled/preventative maintenance to HVAC equipment onsite.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Perform regular property inspections of HVAC systems.
- Keep accurate records of space conditions including roof, HVAC and utilities.
- Plan and manage HVAC replacement projects.
- Provide general status reports for all properties as scheduled.
- Ensure 24/7 availability of emergency services.
- Perform general clean up of work sites.
- Maintain heating and air conditioning systems, boilers, pumps, fan units, control panels, thermostats, cooling towers, etc.
- Maintain and/or has working knowledge of environmental safeguards and alarm systems.
- Plan and prioritize work for self and staff.
- Determine needed supplies and equipment.
- Monitor need for equipment maintenance and repair.
- Responsible for proper inventory of materials and supplies.
- Monitors work quality, trains as needed.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and facilities.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Update and maintain information in (Company Name) records systems and department databases.
- Set priorities for preventative maintenance work orders, maintenance requisitions and scheduled work.
- Drive (Company Name) vehicles, as required.
- Keep current with ongoing changes and new technology and adapt accordingly.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lb.
- Travel to the site, and off-site locations will be required.
- Safety equipment will be required.
- Hazards associated with the trade.
- Work both indoors and outdoors.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to jobs@Q9.com.