Reports to the Director of Engineering, Data Centre Infrastructure.
- Prepare conceptual and detailed HVAC, plumbing and control system designs and specifications for new and existing data centres.
- Layout and arrangement of data centre facilities, HVAC systems, equipment, instrumentation and controls.
- Preparation of design and construction standards, specifications, commissioning documents and the development of operation and maintenance best practices.
- Complete energy audits to identify potential energy efficiency measures, utility demand and consumption analysis
- BSc. in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university;
- Minimum 5 years experience in a consulting or design/build environment;
- Eligibility for registration as a P. Eng. with a Canadian Professional Engineering Association;
- Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel, AutoCad, (Revit experience an asset), Trane Trace 700 software, experience using energy simulation tools and CFD modeling is also beneficial;
- Positive attitude, ability to work well in a team environment, excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Some travel may be required.