Senior Electrical Engineer
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the Senior Electrical Engineer working with the facilities design and construction teams, is responsible for managing all aspects of electrical design and maintenance programs for projects and equipment within the organization’s field. The Senior Electrical Engineer provides solutions to technical problems and is responsible for the processes of design, testing and continuous development and improvement of electrical equipment, components and systems as assigned.
- Working with the facilities design and construction teams, coordinate electrical planning and implementation ensuring compliance with specifications, codes, and work order requirements.
- Develop maintenance programs and schedules in compliance with relevant codes, standards and procedures.
- Oversee commissioning, testing and calibration of facility equipment and components.
- Design of LV and MV electrical distribution systems, protection and control schemes.
- Design of ground fault detection and ground grid systems.
- Perform short circuit and protective device co-ordination studies.
- Prepare equipment specifications, engineering drawings.
- Prepare arc flash studies.
- Provide expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems.
- Create technical reports, documentation, calculations and sketches and make technical decisions .
- Create conceptual and detailed designs for assigned projects.
- Prepare cost estimates, equipment layouts and schedules for projects.
- Maintain records of project resources.
- Registered or eligible for registration as a P. Eng. with PEO, APEGA, APEGBC.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience as a licensed Electrical Engineer.
- Demonstrated understanding of engineering theories and principles associated with standby power generators, transformers, switchgear, protection and control systems, solid state drives, LV and MV starters and associated motor protection relays, transfer switches and motors.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Canadian electrical codes and standards.
- Work experience with fire alarm and lighting systems advantageous.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work well within a team environment.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning.
- Some travel and flexibility to the work schedule may be required.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to jobs@Q9.com.