Change Management Specialist
The Change Management Specialist is responsible for change planning, project management, maintenance notifications, and new services quality assurance. Reports to Manager, Change Management, under the Operations Support group.
- Co-ordinate between Control Centre, CSA, APSS, Network Engineering and/or Provisioning groups to plan and implement architectural changes/migrations/maintenance on production environments.
- Orchestrate maintenance windows with customers; negotiate schedules, answer questions, collect/confirm necessary details.
- Develop and document detailed maintenance plans for execution by the Control Centre and/or DCTs.
- Review proposed maintenance plans created by others for accuracy, logic and completion.
- Ensure change requests adhere to change management guidelines and follow the proper approval process.
- Manage various maintenance projects affecting production devices (upgrades, bug fixes, system migrations, etc.).
- Schedule and delegate maintenance and project tasks to Control Centre Analysts and/or DCTs.
- Review completed maintenance events, complete post-maintenance steps or follow-up, track and resolve any outstanding issues.
- Perform “New Services” checks on newly provisioned devices and services (check documentation, test management capabilities, verify basic configuration, enable monitoring, etc.), plus equivalent “Termination” checks.
- Handle incoming maintenance notifications from third party providers and internal Q9 groups, notify affected customers and/or internal contacts appropriately.
- Manage customer account name changes through to completion from an Operations perspective.
- Propose and carry out process and operational improvements.
- Develop and maintain maintenance plan templates, notification templates, and New Services checklists as needed.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to plan and prioritize.
- Solid understanding of Q9 Control Centre and inter-departmental processes.
- Strong grasp of TCP/IP, internet protocols, experience with high availability systems, internet/WAN routing.
- Excellent comprehension of Q9 deployed technologies. Areas of specialty are: routing and switching, firewall, VPN, load balancing, security, Unix, enterprise backups, DNS and monitoring.
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team environment.
- Work standard office hours.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to jobs@Q9.com