Senior Account Manager
To apply for this position, please email your resume to jobs@Q9.com
.This posting closes on May 8, 2015.
Reporting to the Regional Sales Director, the Senior Account Manager develops new markets and accounts with the objective of expanding the company's market share and revenue stream. The Senior Account Manager is supported by the Customer Solutions Architect team and Sales Support staff.
- Develop the strategy and tactics and execute a comprehensive plan to build a strong sales funnel consisting of enterprise, e-commerce and service provider prospects and customers.
- Develop and maintain relationships with an extensive prospect base, seeking customer applications for Q9 services and developing meaningful business cases to develop these as sales opportunities.
- Maintain and grow these customer relationships over time to ensure that Q9 is regarded as a strategic partner.
- Use resources such as social media, web sites, your network, channel partners and other service providers to find and qualify new prospects.
- Actively manage a sales opportunity pipeline, and close sufficient new business every month to meet (and exceed) monthly sales quota.
- Work closely with sales engineering, project management and inside sales in order to prospect, close and implement sales in the assigned territory.
- Manage ambiguous situations and have the ability to react quickly to issues as they arise.
- 4 to 8 years successful experience in a related industry (data centre equipment or services, telecommunications or internet equipment or services, possibly network management, IT security services, application software, etc.).
- Reasonably deep knowledge of Internet architecture, security, content, e-commerce and an understanding of the hardware components that comprise mission critical computing environments.
- At least 3 years successful experience in direct sales, account management or sales engineering. Ability to identify opportunities early and close deals in a competitive environment.
- Strong and successful experience working with long-term customers. Ability to build and structure alliances and strong account relationships, especially at executive levels (CIO, CFO, CEO).
- Demonstrated track record in building an account base and history of achievement against a revenue plan in each of their years in sales.
- Demonstrated understanding of the market for Q9 services and the competitive landscape.
Characteristics and Style
- Self-motivated, “just do it” attitude. Gets things done without prompting.
- Hands on, resourceful, able to take calculated risks.
- Able to produce results, even in abstract and ambiguous situations.
- Intuitive, smart, savvy. Thrives on complex challenges. Able to “think outside the box”.
- Very high energy. Sense of urgency. Able to multi-task.
- Strong and focused when under pressure.
- Outgoing, creative, analytical, relationship-oriented.
- Strong communication skills, and strong negotiator. Able to listen, analyze and respond strategically.
- Solid leader and relationship builder within and outside the organization. Competent at both planning and execution in a team environment.
Opportunity offered to the successful candidate
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the data centre, managed computing infrastructure and Internet services industries – among the most exciting and fastest-growing industries in which to build a career.
- Work within a driven, focused entrepreneurial organization, successfully cementing a leadership position within the e-business marketplace, and further develop the personal attributes required for success in advanced technology companies.
- Associate and integrate with a leading senior management and technical team with vast experience in the Internet business. If you are successful at Q9, the contacts you make can serve you well in the years ahead.
- Benefit from a very solid, performance-based compensation plan. A successful candidate can earn comparatively high compensation.