Data Centre Protection Officer
Working in a team, a DCPO will be responsible for managing access control, conducting interior and exterior patrols, monitoring video cameras and alarms, and enforcing the data centre rules.
The position requires flexibility to work an unstructured scheduled, established by the Company and in accordance with the respective governing legislation, that consists of day, evening, night and weekend shifts of up to 12 hours. You may also be required to work on statutory holidays to cover sick leave and vacations and would be paid in accordance to the B.C. Employment Standards Act. In the event that you are not scheduled to cover a rotational shift, your initial scheduled shift will be a regular Monday to Friday day shift which is subject to change based on shift coverage.
- Must possess a Valid Security Guard License.
- Must possess a high school diploma, GED equivalent, or better.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years security experience.
- Must be available to work shift work, including work days, evenings, nights, weekends and statutory holidays.
- Must possess strong customer service attitude and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and perform in potentially stressful situations.
- Demonstrated skills as a self-starter and able to manage assigned tasks with limited management input.
- Punctuality and reliability and regular attendance is essential.
- Good physical condition to complete patrols and participate on the emergency response team.
- Able to lift 40 lbs.
- Supervisory experience in security an asset.
- Previous experience in a highly secure environment considered an asset.
- First Aid/CPR certification an asset (should be willing to be trained and tested for the certification).
To apply for this position, please email your resume to jobs@Q9.com