Data Centre Protection Officer
To apply for this position, please email your resume to jobs@Q9.com
. This posting closes on June 5, 2015.
Working in a team, a DCPO will be responsible for managing access control, conducting interior and exterior patrols, monitoring video cameras and alarms, and enforcing the data centre rules.
The position requires flexibility to work an unstructured scheduled, established by the Company and in accordance with the respective governing legislation, that consists of day, evening, night and weekend shifts of up to 12 hours. You may also be required to work on statutory holidays to cover sick leave and vacations and would be paid in accordance to the B.C. Employment Standards Act.
- A degree or diploma in a relevant field or acceptable combination of experience and equivalent skills are required.
- Must possess a Valid Security Guard License.
- A minimum of 2 years of previous experience as a Security Officer or related field.
- Must be available to work shift work, including work days, evenings, nights, weekends and statutory holidays.
- Must have strong customer service attitude and interpersonal skills.
- Have clear written and oral communication in English with a demonstrated ability to complete required paperwork to report incidents.
- First Aid/CPR certification is a strong asset and should be willing to be trained and tested to obtain the certification.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Has a valid driver’s license.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated skills as a self-starter and able to manage assigned tasks with limited management input.
- Punctuality and reliability and regular attendance is essential.
- Good physical condition to complete patrols and participate on the emergency response team.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Highly effective teamwork and strong conflict management skills.
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Strong work ethic and a positive team attitude.