Reporting to the Group Manager – Managed Services, the Systems Administrator is responsible for deploying, maintaining and troubleshooting the systems and services that form the basic management infrastructure for Q9’s Management Services. This includes, but is not restricted to, customer data repositories, inventory services, authentication services, monitoring services, corporate web services, and CRM services.
- Deploy and maintain all current and future services required for the management of Q9’s customers. These include file services (Samba, FTP, TFTP), authentication (LDAP, TACACS+, AD), web services, inventory services, SMTP services, reporting tools and services, CRM servers, Databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL) and others.
- Manage all levels of services, including physical server hardware, operating systems (Linux, Windows and Solaris), and application support.
- Follow and engage in escalation procedures related to all core services, while following all SLA and disaster recovery procedures.
- Assist in developing and deploying disaster recovery procedures.
- Provide thorough quality assurance for all existing and future service deployments.
- Maintain and update administrative documents in conjunction with the Development Team.
- Coordinate any required interaction with remote data centre technicians.
- Provide feedback and defect/bug notification to Provisioning Development team when issues arise with any core services.
- Maintain the technical, software and hardware resources for the server imaging components that are in service.
- Update and maintain inventory status for all allocated or removed assets as they relate to the core services.
- Rotating pager duty will be an expectation.
- Assist the Control Centre, when required, during troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Hands on experience in IP Networking, including understanding of routing, switching, load balancing technologies and firewall services.
- Experience with Linux/Unix (Redhat EL and Solaris) and its configuration.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server products.
- Experience with OS Clustering solutions including Windows Clustering.
- Understanding of storage technologies including, direct-attach disk, SAN-attached disk, NAS technologies (CIFS, NFS, GFS), and tape technologies.
- Experience with tape backup technologies with regards to deployment, troubleshooting, and daily administration.
- Experience with the following services and technologies:
Experience with configuring SNMP services on various platforms.
Experience with server imaging products (e.g., Acronis).
Experience in developing change control procedures.
Excellent attention to detail.
Excellent troubleshooting, communication, and organizational skills.
Ability to work under pressure and manage a large number of servers deployed in critical roles.
Ability to work and schedule effectively within a ticketing environment.
- Samba file services
- Active Directory
- MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Java Servlet engines
- SMTP (PostFix)
- Shell Scripting using bash, PERL etc.